You will need to pay a registration fee when accepted onto a trip to confirm your place. You then have until 4 weeks before departure to raise the Charity Donation and Volunteering Fee. The charity donation is used to fund the projects you are involved in and our running costs. The volunteering fee covers your Accommodation, Food, Transport, Airport Transfers & Clean drinking water.
To help you fundraise for your charity donation and volunteering fee we provide an online fundraising page and printable fundraising materials (Most volunteers are able to raise the full amount needed through fundraising). You can also choose to pay for part or all of your trip yourself. Your charity donation & volunteering fee are due 4 weeks before departure; giving you plenty of time to fundraise.
We provide you with an online fundraising page and fundraising materials so you can fundraise your Charity Donation
|Country/Currency||Registration Fee||Charity Donation||Volunteering Fee (Per Week)|
Registration Fee + Charity Donation + Volunteering Fee = Total Cost
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Accommodation (Staffed house only for volunteers)
- 3 Meals per day and Safe drinking water
- Return Airport Transfers
- 1 Night Airport Hotel
- Daily Return Transport to Projects
- All Project Materials & Equipment
- Project T-Shirts
- 24/7 In-country staff
- Online Fundraising Page
- Volunteer Area
WHAT ISN’T INCLUDED
- Travel insurance
- Anti-Malaria Medication
- Tourist Excursions
SUPPORT YOU RECEIVE
- Online Fundraising Page
- Printable Fundraising Materials
- Online group to meet other volunteers
- Pre-departure support with flights, visa, vaccinations etc.
- Experienced in-country Team Leaders
We have limited availability on all trips. Trips fill fast so we advise applying for your trip as early as possible. You can apply here.
No, your registration fee is a personal cost and donated money can’t be used for this.
When is my Charity Donation & Volunteering Fee due?
4 weeks before departure, giving you plenty of time to fundraise.
2. Registration Fees are refundable for 14 days from payment. After 14 days Registration Fees are non-refundable. When confirming your place it prevents anyone else from taking it, if you cancel we have to re-advertise to fill that place; for this reason after 14d days we are unable to refund Registration Fees.
3. The projects in Ghana may change at the discretion of Thrive Africa. A project may finish or a new project may start so it may be necessary at times to transfer volunteers to different projects.
4. Accommodation, food, transport and all other costs related to tourist attractions/volunteer excursions are not included in the volunteer price and volunteers need to pay for all tourism related expenses themselves. (Thrive Africa provides an excursion package at cost price to volunteers that can be purchased to cover all these expenses.)
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES
Thrive Africa is 100% funded by volunteers. The money you raise pays for everything from your food, transport & accommodation to our projects, staff & operational costs. You’ll find a breakdown on the noticeboard of your volunteer accommodation.